This Model 304PL is used for the vertical polarization; it is paired with an identical version for the horizontal.
<<PREV 1 2 3 NEXT>>
Shipboard Tracking Radar
Dual 300kW Peak Pulsed L-band Transmitter
Our customer led a program for a new radar system to be used for tracking, surveillance, space observation, and trajectography. A substantial new system development was required for this below-deck shipboard transmitter. The application required 600kW of L-Band peak power at 6% duty cycle. Two of our Model 304PL transmitters, each using two phase-combined 175kW peak pulsed TWTs, were power-combined for a total of 600kW peak power, with one transmitter dedicated to horizontal polarization, the other to vertical. ETM developed the SPS-4000, a 40kV, 40kW high voltage, high power supply. Four of these were used to reach the power requirement.
• Four 40kV, 40kW HVPS driving four 175kW L-band TWTs
• One transmitter per polarization
• 600kW peak, 6% duty cycle, 2 microsecond to 2 millisecond pulse width
• 30 kHz PRF max
• LRU-based architecture for field serviceability
• Vibration and motion testing conducted at ETM's facility